The American Public Transportation Foundation is pleased to begin recruitment for the 2020 APTF Scholar Mentor Program, connecting scholarship recipients with leaders in the transit industry. The purpose of this program is to increase APTF Scholar engagement and expose them to the many career paths available in public transportation.
This year the APTF Board of Directors selected 40 scholars, and we are seeking industry mentors who are willing to commit at least five hours over the next year to work with them to help ensure their success in the industry. A resource toolkit will be provided to all mentors, providing tips for successful mentoring and topics and resources to support your conversations.
The mentorship commitment is a minimum of five hours over one year, with requirements designed to be manageable given your busy schedules:
- 60-minute virtual kick-off session in October
- One-hour follow up discussion in November
- One-hour meeting per quarter
- September 14: Application Deadline
- October 16: Mentor Matches notified
- October (TBD): Virtual Meet and Greet
- November: First mentor/mentee meeting
Apply Today by Completing the Mentor Matching Survey!